It’s getting to be that time of year to start thinking about sweet holiday treats. Last year, right about this time of the year, Dan sent me an email and recipe on these Butterfinger® Cake Balls and asked me to make them for him (because he loves all things peanut butter) “when I had some free time.” I decided to make a bunch of them to have to serve over the holidays. They were a big hit.
- White cake mix and whatever ingredients are required to make the cake according to the package directions
- Container of cream cheese frosting
- Couple of Butterfinger® candy bars
- 9 cubes of Almond Bark
- Crumble up 1-2 Butterfingers. Either put in a Ziploc® bag and smash with a rolling pin, or use a chopper.
- Make the cake according to the package directions.
- Let cool. Once partially cooled, cut up into squares to speed up cooling process.
- Once the pieces are cooled, crumble them up into smaller pieces.
- Mix in 1/4 frosting. (I ended up using beaters…and added just a bit more frosting)
- Throw in a handful of smashed up Butterfingers.
- Some say to put in fridge and cool…I didn’t, but in hindsight, this is probably a good idea.
- Form balls.
- Melt chocolate.
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Dip balls in chocolate using a toothpick and set on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle with some Butterfinger crumbles.